2010/07/21 @ 11:55 AM
Dear Mother,
you are killing us, you are killing our bonds.
I love you dearly, but you need to change, you need to start listening, you need to relax.
Mother, we are not the same as 10 years ago, we have developed our own ways of thinking, actions, and future. Aren't you supposed to be glad and proud of yourself for nurturing us to physically and mentally healthy people? Aren't you proud of us for respecting you and dad, and not having to embarrass you two when we are trying to develop our social lives? (if you care about reputation that much.)
Have you realized that, you have officially turned our home to a hell hole? Yes, I understand that you are working your hardest for us, but have you thought about how we are trying so hard just to cope with you? I thought the definition of home is supposed to be a safe place, a place where you know you are loved. I can't find that anymore... every time I go out, I would purposely stay out til 2 or 3 in the morning just to prevent from talking to you. And I love how you gave me some of your students to teach, as a summer job, and they seem to like me better than you, that's when you know, mom, something is wrong. Even your students started going against you, and they used to love you mom, you used to be a sweet lady who had all the patience, and not to mention, a strong passion for teaching.
If we have the power to only talk to you in general, our relationships would be much stronger... Mom, I feel really really tired, depressed, empty, lacked of love. I can't feel any love from anyone, I can't talk to you, I don't understand you... I really don't want to feel this way before I head off to university. Mom, I want you to be proud of me, I need you to know why I am working so hard, why I am always the one who's staying home to help you, why I am always your punchbag for everything, why I am crying right now... I don't want you to say that I don't care about you, everything I do is dedicated to you. I hope you understand that I am wise enough to know what to do at certain situations, I am 18 mom... I am an adult, I don't need an instructor for every single thing anymore.
You need to change... If only I have the power.
I am sorry blogspot, this time, you didn't release my pain, but I appreciate your patience, it's definitely something my dear mother needs.
YC