2010/12/09 @ 4:10 PM
I remember back in Grade 11, I took the media course, and one of the projects was to market my own CD. I made my CD based on problems in the world - Child abuse, Starvation, Natural Diasaster, Terrorism, anything you can think of.
I have always been interested with the topic of Child abuse because this issue never fails to question me in regards to how/why anyone would want to hurt an innocent soul? Of course, I am not expecting that everyone should think the same way as I do, because the world would be completely dull and colourless without creativity. But it pains me to acknowledge the fact that there are children in the world who are suffering, while I am just here, staying in my warm, heated room, whining about my upcoming exams, or how I got sick during exam period. Please, Yvonne Choi, suck it up. Why are you complaining, when you fully know you are one of the luckiest people in the world.
Children dying of starvation, seriously, why were they born to suffer? As far as I am concerned, Kids don't deserve to live this way, right? The world keeps talking about equality... What is Equality? Attempt to be charitable, and send money and food to them once in a while, but how many would actually stand up and physically help them? I know I wouldn't, at least now, I am too gutless to do anything.
Even kids who were born in a warm developed society, I feel bad that they had to be raised in such a frustrating, depressing environment. Dare me to make a cruel assumption - I feel that kids were born to be brain washed, they were taught to act a certain way, why? Only because there are different race in the world, different economic statuses, even different genders. It's just sad how they have the potential to do so much, but they are being restricted only to avoid being judged.
Sometimes I even wonder upon why I am so sensitive as to how others think about me. As of now, I am still unsure about the answer, but by the time I figure it out, ignorance is going to stop.
YC