2011/08/20 @ 12:53 PM
I'm 19 years old, I deserve the freedom I've never received in my life. I deserve to experience life with people I've met. You're allowed to let go so you get a bigger chance of me coming back to your life. Have faith in me, out of all people, you should trust me the most.
I'm allowed to have an opinion, I'm SUPPOSED to have an opinion. I'm not the Yvonne Choi you were overly protected 10 years ago. There will be things I don't agree on, and you should accept my advises, which wouldn't harm you in any way. You shouldn't let your pride or family status control who you are. Because of that, you've already lost a lot of respect from many people.
All I'm asking is to give me some space to breathe, please, have faith in me. You are my parents, please don't be conservative. This isn't China anymore, your parenting method won't work here. I have accepted the Western culture, and you should too.
I hope you understand why I come home late every time I go out. It's because our relationship is so bad to the point where I don't agree on anything you do. We don't have anything in common to talk about. All you talk about is yourself, and your contribution to the family, how much you have accomplished as a teacher. I hate that you want me to be just like you, but I'm sorry to tell you, I can't, I can't be you. You're the last person on the list that I want to become. You don't have control or limits to whatever you do or say. You would do anything to get attention.
I just can't wait to get out of here, I'm counting down to the move in days, where I can finally do whatever I want at whatever time. Please... just cut me some slack so I could still smile at you once in a while.
YC